Job Posting: Promotions Coordinator
Written by stationmanager on 06/08/2020
CFUV 101.9 FM is a non-profit, volunteer-driven campus/community radio station located on the traditional, unceded, territories of the Songhees, Esquimalt, and WSÁNEĆ peoples and operates from the Student Union Building on the University of Victoria campus. CFUV aims to provide valuable resources, support, and opportunities to the diverse communities that exist in Victoria, BC. CFUV is an equal opportunity employer who employs personnel without discrimination based on race, ancestry, place of origin, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, and physical and mental disability. We encourage applicants to self-identify in their applications.
The Promotions Coordinator is responsible for advertising and sponsorship agreements and overseeing audio production at CFUV. They lead a team of volunteers in the production of all advertising and broadcast announcements and work closely with CFUV’s full-time Programming Director.
This position is open to work-from-home/remote work situations. This position is funded by the Government of Canada through the Canada Summer Jobs program. Canada Summer Job eligibility requirements can be found here.
Tasks & Responsibilities
• Recruiting local businesses as advertising clients or CFUV sponsors
• Supporting local non-profits and community causes with Public Service Announcements
• Production of pre-recorded broadcast announcements and advertising
• Editing and distribution of a nationally syndicated radio program (Canadaland)
• Training and supervision of audio production volunteers
• Other tasks as assigned
• Audio Editing Experience
• Written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects and consistently meet deadlines
• Ability to work and make decisions independently and in collaboration with others
Terms Anticipated Start date: July 6th 2020
Anticipated End date: October 26th 2020
Part-time: 17.5 hours/week
Hourly Wage: $15.00/hour
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. CFUV thanks all applicants, but please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please no phone calls, drop-ins, or printed resumes.
CLOSING DATE: FRIDAY, JUNE 19th 5PM PST