Job Posting: Indigenous Programming Coordinator
Written by stationmanager on 09/21/2020
CFUV 101.9 FM is a non-profit, volunteer-driven campus/community radio station located on the traditional, unceded, territories of the Songhees, Esquimalt, and WSÁNEĆ peoples and operates from the Student Union Building on the University of Victoria campus. CFUV aims to provide valuable resources, support, and opportunities to the diverse communities that exist in Victoria, BC.
CFUV is an equitable employer who employs personnel without discrimination based on race, ancestry, place of origin, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, and physical and mental disability. We encourage applicants to self-identify in their applications using CFUV’s Voluntary Self-Identification form.
This position will oversee an increase in Indigenous representation and participation at CFUV, the provision of media learning opportunities led by Indigenous media practitioners, and the creation of honoraria-funded documentaries by and for Indigenous communities and individuals living within the CRD. This position is open to Work from Home/Remote Work situations. Occasional on-site work may be required. This position is funded by the Community Radio Fund of Canada and is limited to Indigenous applicants.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Development of regular Indigenous news and public affairs programming
- Coordination of at least 5 media literacy learning opportunities
- Development and distribution of at free programming and podcasting learning materials and resources for local Indigenous organizations and individuals.
- Overseeing the production and distribution of at least 10 documentaries produced by volunteer teams centering on Indigeneity, Indigenous issues, culture, language and storytelling.
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of working independently while balancing multiple deadlines
- Audio Production, podcasting, or other media experiences an asset
- Narrative/Thematic concept development
- Event planning and organizing
- Volunteer coordination and support experience
Start date: Oct. 19th 2020
End date: July 30th 2021Full-time: 30 hours/week
Gross Salary: $23,600 (plus extended health and dental coverage)
How to apply
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
CFUV thanks all applicants, but please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please no phone calls, drop-ins, or printed resumes.