CFUV is a volunteer based non-profit arts & media organization. CFUV provides students of the University of Victoria and non-student members of the wider community with access to an array of media learning and training opportunities. CFUV elevates and amplifies marginalized and underrepresented communities through the creation and presentation of audio programming, with a specific emphasis on local and Canadian Content.
As uninvited guests on W̱SÁNEĆ and Lkwungen territories now called Victoria, CFUV is indebted to the local communities who have stewarded this land since time immemorial. We recognize that colonization is an ongoing process and that our organization plays an active role in it. We commit to amplifying Indigenous stories, voices, and perspectives, to work together to disrupt colonial trajectories, support Indigenous sovereignty, and shape a more just future. CFUV commits to dismantling colonial hierarchies in support of a diverse, equitable future.
- Volunteer-curated homegrown content
- Sustainably and ethically minded actions
- Boundary pushing and groundbreaking media
- An award winning radio station and podcast hub
- A platform for marginalized and under-represented voices, artists, and stories
- Free training in radio programming, podcasting, and audio editing.
- Media literacy and learning opportunities
- Access to an ever-growing music library that elevates underrepresented and marginalized artists
- Free-to-use portable podcasting and recording equipment
- A free public-service announcement network to promote local non-profits, charities, and socially conscious causes and advocates
- Performance opportunities for independent and emerging artists