CFUV needs a Storytelling/Documentary Intern!
Written by Operations Director on 06/24/2015
CFUV Volunteer Job Description
JOB TITLE: Storytelling/Documentary Intern
CONTACT: Volunteer Coordinator
Â POSITION SUMMARY:
The Storytelling/Documentary Intern is a volunteer position responsible for producing a bi-weekly news story for air on CFUV as well as helping gather tape and editing for the radio documentary department. This position will report directly to the Radio Documentary Producer.
- Chase and produce one story every two weeks
- Assist the Radio Documentary Producer with documentary production
- Other department duties as required
QUALIFICATIONS:Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
- Strong interest in storytelling
- Interest in audio editing
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently while meeting deadlines
- Ability to manage diverse workload and competing priorities to deadlines
Must become a CFUV Radio Club member and complete a mandatory number of preliminary volunteer hours. Additional training provided in news gathering techniques and audio editing.
JOB LOCATION ON-CAMPUS: CFUV 101.9 FM, Student Union Building, RMB006.
- Starting August 2015: 3 hours regular commitment per week, with flexibility for holidays and time away
- Upon completion of the project, the intern will have a radio production portfolio
- Skill development including technical and soft skills involved with radio production
- Opportunity to work creatively and independently
- Connection with members of the CFUV Radio Club and volunteers and broader community
- Work experience in a team environment
- CFUV has an active social component for its volunteers including recognition events, holiday gatherings, events and contests
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit resume to the Coordinator of Volunteers, SUB Rm. B006, Mailslot A3, University of Victoria V8W 3P3, or by email: email@example.com. Everyone is thanked for applying; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.