CFUV is hiring: Communications Coordinator
Written by stationmanager on 06/14/2019
CFUV 101.9 FM (CFUV) is a non-profit, volunteer driven campus/community radio station located on the traditional, unceded, territories of the Songhees, Esquimalt, and WSÁNEĆ peoples and operates from the Student Union Building at the University of Victoria. CFUV aims to provide valuable resources, support, and opportunities to the diverse communities that exist in Victoria, BC.
CFUV is an equal opportunity employer that employs personnel without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, and physical and mental disability.
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for the managing CFUV’s social media accounts, coordinating CFUV’s promotional presence at events throughout the summer, and event managing the Eventide Music Series. The Communications Coordinator reports to CFUV’s Operations Director.
This position is funded by the Government of Canada through the Canada Summer Jobs Program. Canada Summer Job eligibility requirements can be found here.
- On-site coordination during the Eventide Music Series
- Operating CFUV’s Social Media pages to promote CFUV projects and events
- Representing CFUV at community events throughout the summer
- Development of CFUV’s promotional strategy for the coming year
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience coordinating volunteers
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to work and make decisions independently and in collaboration with others
Assets (beneficial but not required):
- Previous experience in the Campus & Community Radio or non-profit sector
- BC Drivers License (class 5)
- Basic Graphic Design experience
- Promotional and outreach experience
Terms of Employment:
Full-time 35 hours a week. Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. with some evening and weekend work as required. Funding for the position provides for 8 weeks of employment.
Hourly Wage: $15.00
The start date for this position is Tuesday, July 2nd.
A criminal record check is required immediately upon hiring, at the employee’s expense, but upon a successful check the employee will be reimbursed for the criminal record check fee.
How to Apply:
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
CFUV thanks all applicants, but please note that only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Please no phone calls, drop-ins, or printed resumes.
Deadline: Monday, June 24th.